You can request a refund if you purchased a digital item from Google and later changed your mind, it doesn’t work properly, or someone made an unlawful purchase on your Google account. Refunds can be sought using your Google account purchase history, Google Assistant, or by emailing the developer.
The Google Play Store allows users to buy games, movies, books, subscriptions, and apps, but what happens if you accidently click purchase or aren’t happy with your purchase? How can you get a Google refund? You can contact Google for further information and assistance here, and there are actions you can take to seek a refund listed below.
Google Refund Policy
The first step in getting a refund is to familiarise yourself with Google’s return policy. Refunds are determined by the type of purchase, and the following policies apply to certain of these purchases:
- Apps, games, and in-app purchases: within 48 hours of making the purchase, you can request a refund from Google. You must contact the developer within 48 hours to receive a refund.
- When you cancel your Google Play Pass subscription, all future payments will be stopped, and your subscription will expire at the conclusion of the current pay month. Only if you have a new subscription and cancel within 48 hours of signing up can you get a refund.
- Play Points: Any play points associated with a purchase will be deducted from your play points balance if you receive a refund from Google.
- If you haven’t watched the movie or TV show yet, you can seek a refund up to 7 days after purchase on Google Movies/Google TV. You have 65 days to obtain a refund if the streaming isn’t working properly.
- Music: You can cancel your subscription at any moment, and no more payments will be made. If you haven’t listened to or downloaded a single or album within 7 working days of purchasing it.
- Refunds for books are the same as for movies and television, with the exception of rentals, which are non-refundable. Book bundles are refunded in their entirety, rather than as individual books. The book will be removed from your library after the reimbursement has been processed.
- Newsstand: You can cancel your subscription and you won’t be charged any future payments, but you won’t get a refund for any months you’ve already paid for.
Ways to Request a Google Refund
The Google Play website, Google Assistant, and the developer are all options for getting a refund from Google.
Google Play Website
Follow these procedures to seek a refund from the Google Play website:
- In your computer’s browser, go to Google Play.
- Please sign in to your account.
- Select “Order History” from the drop-down menu.
- Choose which order you’d want to return for a refund.
- “Request a Refund” is the option to select.
- Fill out the form, indicating that you want a refund, and submit it.
- You should receive your refund within 1-4 business days.
To ask Google Assistant for a refund, open Google Assistant on the device you used to make the purchase. The reimbursement will be processed with the assistance of Google Assistant. If you want to utilise Google Assistant to seek a refund, you must do it in English.
If you purchased something outside of Google’s refund window, you can contact the developer to obtain a refund or troubleshoot your purchase.
Google encourages people to enjoy their purchases, so if you are dissatisfied or a transaction was made without your permission, you have refund options. Contact Google here for further information or support.
Help from Real People
We work with a company situated in the United States that offers live tech assistance 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. Use the $1 one-week trial membership to connect with an expert right now.
Why Did HP help desk support Write “How Do I Get a Refund from Google?”
We determined it was time to provide instructions after thousands of Google users contacted HP help desk support in search of an answer to this (and other) issues. As a result, we created How Do I Get a Google Refund? to make an effort to assist According to other users, completing these processes takes time, including time spent going through each step and contacting Google if necessary. Best of luck, and please let us know if you were able to solve your problem using the information on this page.
Why does HP help desk support Write How-to Guides for Google Problems?
For over ten years, HP help desk support has been sourcing information about large firms such as Google in order to assist customers in resolving customer care difficulties more quickly. We began with contact information and the quickest ways to contact a human at large corporations. Those with slow or difficult IVR or phone menu systems, in particular. Or businesses that do not have a customer service department but instead have self-serve support forums. From there, we found that customers still required more in-depth assistance with the most common issues, so we created this collection of tutorials, which continues to develop every day. Please let us know if you find any problems with our How Do I Get a Refund from Google? guide by emailing us feedback. We want to be as accommodating as possible. Please share this guide with your friends and family if you liked it. You, the client, are the source of our free information and resources. The greater the number of individuals who utilise it, the better it becomes.